- Biehl MJ, Kaylan KB, Thompson RJ, Gonzalez RV, Weis KE,
Underhill GH, Raetzman LT.
Cellular fate decisions in the developing female anteroventral
periventricular nucleus are regulated by canonical Notch signaling.
Dev Biol, 2018 (in press). [Link]
- Gapinske M, Tague N, Winter J, Underhill GH, Perez-Pinera P.
Targeted gene knockout using nuclease-assisted vector integration:
hemi- and homozygous deletion of JAG1. Methods Mol Biol,
1772, 233-248, 2018.
- Underhill GH*, Khetani SR*.
Bioengineered liver models for drug testing and cell differentiation
studies. Cellular and Molecular Gastroenterology and
Hepatology, in press. *Co-corresponding authors. DOI:
- Andresen Eguiluz RC, Kaylan KB, Underhill GH, Leckband DE.
Substrate stiffness and VE-cadherin mechano-transduction coordinate
to regulate endothelial monolayer integrity. Biomaterials,
140, 45-57, 2017.
- Kaylan KB, Kourouklis AP, Underhill GH.
High-throughput cell microarray platform for correlative analysis of
cell differentiation and traction forces. J Vis Exp, 121,
e55362, 2017. DOI:
- Kaylan KB, Gentile SD, Milling LE, Bhinge KN, Kosari F, Underhill GH.
Mapping lung tumor cell drug responses as a function of matrix
context and genotype using cell microarrays. Integrative
Biology, 8, 1221-1231, 2016. DOI:
- Kourouklis AP, Kaylan KB, Underhill GH.
Substrate stiffness and matrix composition coordinately control the
differentiation of liver progenitor cells. Biomaterials,
2016. DOI: 10.1016/j.biomaterials.2016.05.016.
- Kaylan KB, Ermilova V, Yada R, Underhill GH.
Combinatorial microenvironmental regulation of liver progenitor
differentiation by Notch ligands, TGFβ, and extracellular matrix.
Scientific Reports, 6, 23490. 2016. DOI: 10.1038/srep23490.
- Braga Malta DF, Reticker-Flynn NE, da Silva CL, Cabral JMS,
Fleming HE, Zaret KS, Bhatia SN, Underhill GH.
Extracellular matrix microarrays to study
inductive signaling for endoderm specification. Acta
Biomaterialia, 34, 30-40. 2016. DOI: 10.1016/j.actbio.2016.02.014.
- Bhatia SN, Underhill GH, Zaret KS, Fox IJ. Cell and tissue
engineering for liver disease. Sci Transl Med, 6, 245sr2,
Featured on journal cover.
- Underhill GH, Galie P, Chen CS, Bhatia SN. Bioengineering methods for analysis of cells in vitro. Annu Rev Cell Dev Biol, 28, 385,
- Reticker-Flynn NE, Malta DF, Winslow, MM, Lamar JM, Xu MJ, Underhill GH, Hynes RO, Jacks TE, Bhatia SN.
A combinatorial extracellular matrix platform identifies cell-extracellular matrix interactions that correlate with metastasis. Nat Commun, 3, 1122,
- Underhill GH. Stem cell bioengineering at the interface of systems-based models and high-throughput platforms. Wiley Interdisciplinary Reviews Systems Biology & Medicine,
4, 525-545, 2012.
- Chen AA*, Underhill GH*, Bhatia SN. Multiplexed, high-throughput analysis of 3D microtissue suspensions. Integrative Biology, 2, 517-527,
2010. *Authors contributed equally. Featured on journal cover.
- Albrecht DR*, Underhill GH*, Resnikoff J, Mendelson A, Bhatia SN, Shah JV.
Microfluidics-integrated time-lapse imaging for analysis of cellular dynamics. Integrative Biology, 2, 278-287,
2010. *Authors contributed equally.
- March S, Hui EE, Underhill GH, Khetani, S, Bhatia SN. Microenvironmental regulation of the sinusoidal endothelial cell phenotype in vitro. Hepatology, 50, 920-928,
- Underhill GH, Bhatia SN. High-throughput analysis of signals regulating stem cell fate and function. Curr Opin Chem Biol, 11, 357-66,
- Albrecht DR, Underhill GH, Mendelson A, Bhatia SN. Multiphase electropatterning of cells and biomaterials. Lab Chip, 7, 702-9,
- Underhill GH*, Chen AA*, Albrecht DR, Bhatia SN. Assessment of hepatocellular function within PEG hydrogels. Biomaterials, 28, 256-70,
2006. *Authors contributed equally.
- Albrecht DR, Underhill GH, Wassermann TB, Sah RL, Bhatia SN. Probing the role of multicellular organization in three-dimensional microenvironments. Nat Methods, 3, 369-75,
- Underhill GH*, Zisoulis DG*, Kolli KP, Ellies LG, Marth JD, Kansas GS.
A crucial role for T-bet in selectin ligand expression in T helper 1 (Th1) cells. Blood, 106, 3867-73,
2005. *Authors contributed equally.
- Underhill GH, Kolli KP, Kansas GS. Complexity within the plasma cell compartment of mice deficient in both E- and P-selectin: implications for plasma cell differentiation. Blood, 102, 4076-83,
- Underhill GH, George D, Bremer EG, Kansas GS. Gene expression profiling reveals a highly specialized genetic program of plasma cells. Blood, 101, 4013-21,
- Ellies LG, Sperandio M, Underhill GH, Yousif J, Smith M, Priatel JJ, Kansas GS, Ley K, Marth JD.
Sialyltransferase specificity in selectin ligand formation. Blood, 100, 3618-25,
- Minges Wols HA, Underhill GH, Kansas GS, Witte PL. The role of bone marrow-derived stromal cells in the maintenance of plasma cell longevity. J Immunol, 169, 4213-21,
- Underhill GH, Minges Wols HA, Fornek JL, Witte PL, Kansas GS.
IgG plasma cells display a unique spectrum of leukocyte adhesion and homing molecules. Blood, 99, 2905-12,
- White SJ, Underhill GH, Kaplan MH, Kansas GS. Cutting edge: differential requirements for Stat4 in expression of glycosyltransferases responsible for selectin ligand formation in Th1 cells. J Immunol, 167, 628-31,
- Kaylan KB, Underhill GH. "Hydrogels for hepatic tissue engineering" in Gels Handbook: Fundamentals, Properties and Applications, Volume 2: Applications of Hydrogels in Regenerative Medicine, eds. Abidian MR, Gurkan U, Edalat F., World Scientific. DOI: 10.1142/9789813140394_0015. 2016. [Link]
- Shan J, Stevens KR, Trehan K, Underhill GH, Chen AA, Bhatia SN. "Hepatic tissue engineering" in Molecular Pathology of Liver Diseases, ed. Monga SPS. Springer, 2010. [Link]
- Underhill GH, Khetani SR, Chen AA, Bhatia SN. "Tissue engineering of the liver" in The Liver: Biology and Pathobiology, 5th edition, ed. Arias IM. Wiley-Blackwell, 2009. [Link]
- Underhill GH, Flaim CJ, Bhatia SN. "Extracellular matrix microarrays and stem cell fate" in Methods in Bioengineering: Stem Cell Bioengineering, eds. Parekkadan B and Yarmush ML. Artech House, 2009. [Link]
- Underhill GH, Khetani SR, Chen AA, Bhatia SN. "Liver Tissue Engineering" in Principles of Tissue Engineering, 3rd edition, eds. Lanza R, Langer R, and Vacanti JP. Elsevier, 2007. [Link]
- Underhill GH, Felix J, Allen JW, Liu Tsang V, Khetani SR, Bhatia SN. "Tissue Engineering of the Liver", in Culture of Cells for Tissue Engineering, eds. Vunjak-Novakovic G and Freshney I. John Wiley and Sons, 2005. [Link]