- Andresen Eguiluz RC, Kaylan KB, Underhill GH, Leckband DE.
Substrate stiffness and VE-cadherin mechano-transduction coordinate
to regulate endothelial monolayer integrity. Biomaterials, In
- Kaylan KB, Kourouklis AP, Underhill GH.
High-throughput cell microarray platform for correlative analysis of
cell differentiation and traction forces. J Vis Exp, 121,
e55362, 2017. DOI:
- Kaylan KB, Gentile SD, Milling LE, Bhinge KN, Kosari F, Underhill GH.
Mapping lung tumor cell drug responses as a function of matrix
context and genotype using cell microarrays. Integrative
Biology, 8, 1221-1231, 2016. DOI:
- Kourouklis AP, Kaylan KB, Underhill GH.
Substrate stiffness and matrix composition coordinately control the
differentiation of liver progenitor cells. Biomaterials,
2016. DOI: 10.1016/j.biomaterials.2016.05.016.
- Kaylan KB, Ermilova V, Yada R, Underhill GH.
Combinatorial microenvironmental regulation of liver progenitor
differentiation by Notch ligands, TGFβ, and extracellular matrix.
Scientific Reports, 6, 23490. 2016. DOI: 10.1038/srep23490.
- Braga Malta DF, Reticker-Flynn NE, da Silva CL, Cabral JMS,
Fleming HE, Zaret KS, Bhatia SN, Underhill GH.
Extracellular matrix microarrays to study
inductive signaling for endoderm specification. Acta
Biomaterialia, 34, 30-40. 2016. DOI: 10.1016/j.actbio.2016.02.014.
- Bhatia SN, Underhill GH, Zaret KS, Fox IJ. Cell and tissue
engineering for liver disease. Sci Transl Med, 6, 245sr2,
Featured on journal cover.
- Underhill GH, Galie P, Chen CS, Bhatia SN. Bioengineering methods for analysis of cells in vitro. Annu Rev Cell Dev Biol, 28, 385,
- Reticker-Flynn NE, Malta DF, Winslow, MM, Lamar JM, Xu MJ, Underhill GH, Hynes RO, Jacks TE, Bhatia SN.
A combinatorial extracellular matrix platform identifies cell-extracellular matrix interactions that correlate with metastasis. Nat Commun, 3, 1122,
- Underhill GH. Stem cell bioengineering at the interface of systems-based models and high-throughput platforms. Wiley Interdisciplinary Reviews Systems Biology & Medicine,
4, 525-545, 2012.
- Chen AA*, Underhill GH*, Bhatia SN. Multiplexed, high-throughput analysis of 3D microtissue suspensions. Integrative Biology, 2, 517-527,
2010. *Authors contributed equally. Featured on journal cover.
- Albrecht DR*, Underhill GH*, Resnikoff J, Mendelson A, Bhatia SN, Shah JV.
Microfluidics-integrated time-lapse imaging for analysis of cellular dynamics. Integrative Biology, 2, 278-287,
2010. *Authors contributed equally.
- March S, Hui EE, Underhill GH, Khetani, S, Bhatia SN. Microenvironmental regulation of the sinusoidal endothelial cell phenotype in vitro. Hepatology, 50, 920-928,
- Underhill GH, Bhatia SN. High-throughput analysis of signals regulating stem cell fate and function. Curr Opin Chem Biol, 11, 357-66,
- Albrecht DR, Underhill GH, Mendelson A, Bhatia SN. Multiphase electropatterning of cells and biomaterials. Lab Chip, 7, 702-9,
- Underhill GH*, Chen AA*, Albrecht DR, Bhatia SN. Assessment of hepatocellular function within PEG hydrogels. Biomaterials, 28, 256-70,
2006. *Authors contributed equally.
- Albrecht DR, Underhill GH, Wassermann TB, Sah RL, Bhatia SN. Probing the role of multicellular organization in three-dimensional microenvironments. Nat Methods, 3, 369-75,
- Underhill GH*, Zisoulis DG*, Kolli KP, Ellies LG, Marth JD, Kansas GS.
A crucial role for T-bet in selectin ligand expression in T helper 1 (Th1) cells. Blood, 106, 3867-73,
2005. *Authors contributed equally.
- Underhill GH, Kolli KP, Kansas GS. Complexity within the plasma cell compartment of mice deficient in both E- and P-selectin: implications for plasma cell differentiation. Blood, 102, 4076-83,
- Underhill GH, George D, Bremer EG, Kansas GS. Gene expression profiling reveals a highly specialized genetic program of plasma cells. Blood, 101, 4013-21,
- Ellies LG, Sperandio M, Underhill GH, Yousif J, Smith M, Priatel JJ, Kansas GS, Ley K, Marth JD.
Sialyltransferase specificity in selectin ligand formation. Blood, 100, 3618-25,
- Minges Wols HA, Underhill GH, Kansas GS, Witte PL. The role of bone marrow-derived stromal cells in the maintenance of plasma cell longevity. J Immunol, 169, 4213-21,
- Underhill GH, Minges Wols HA, Fornek JL, Witte PL, Kansas GS.
IgG plasma cells display a unique spectrum of leukocyte adhesion and homing molecules. Blood, 99, 2905-12,
- White SJ, Underhill GH, Kaplan MH, Kansas GS. Cutting edge: differential requirements for Stat4 in expression of glycosyltransferases responsible for selectin ligand formation in Th1 cells. J Immunol, 167, 628-31,
- Kaylan KB, Underhill GH. "Hydrogels for hepatic tissue engineering" in Gels Handbook: Fundamentals, Properties and Applications, Volume 2: Applications of Hydrogels in Regenerative Medicine, eds. Abidian MR, Gurkan U, Edalat F., World Scientific. DOI: 10.1142/9789813140394_0015. 2016. [Link]
- Shan J, Stevens KR, Trehan K, Underhill GH, Chen AA, Bhatia SN. "Hepatic tissue engineering" in Molecular Pathology of Liver Diseases, ed. Monga SPS. Springer, 2010. [Link]
- Underhill GH, Khetani SR, Chen AA, Bhatia SN. "Tissue engineering of the liver" in The Liver: Biology and Pathobiology, 5th edition, ed. Arias IM. Wiley-Blackwell, 2009. [Link]
- Underhill GH, Flaim CJ, Bhatia SN. "Extracellular matrix microarrays and stem cell fate" in Methods in Bioengineering: Stem Cell Bioengineering, eds. Parekkadan B and Yarmush ML. Artech House, 2009. [Link]
- Underhill GH, Khetani SR, Chen AA, Bhatia SN. "Liver Tissue Engineering" in Principles of Tissue Engineering, 3rd edition, eds. Lanza R, Langer R, and Vacanti JP. Elsevier, 2007. [Link]
- Underhill GH, Felix J, Allen JW, Liu Tsang V, Khetani SR, Bhatia SN. "Tissue Engineering of the Liver", in Culture of Cells for Tissue Engineering, eds. Vunjak-Novakovic G and Freshney I. John Wiley and Sons, 2005. [Link]